RailBaltica - Opportunities for swedish companies
- Expectrum, Kopparbergsvägen 10, Västerås
JUNE 13 | 08:30-11:30 | EXPECTRUM | KOPPARBERGSVÄGEN 10 | VÄSTERÅS
Järnvägsklustret, Swerig and Business Sweden are pleased to invite you to a breakfast seminar about Rail Baltica – the largest infrastructure project in the Baltic states. The seminar will be held at Expectrum on June 13, 2019.
Rail Baltica is a greenfield rail transport infrastructure project with a goal to integrate the Baltic States in the European rail network. The project includes five European Union countries – Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and also Finland. It will connect Helsinki, Tallinn, Pärnu, Riga, Panevežys, Kaunas, Vilnius, Warsaw. The Baltic part of the Rail Baltica project is referred to as the Rail Baltica Global Project.
- The largest Baltic-region infrastructure project in the last 100 years
- For both passenger and freight traffic
- Length: 870 km
- Environmentally friendly – powered by electricity, produces less noise and vibration
- Max. speed: 249 km/h (passengers), 120 km/h (freight)
- More than €5 bn investment in the region
- Implemented by Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
- Part of the EU’s North Sea Baltic TEN-T corridor
- Financed by EU (CEF), Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
- Representatives of the main RailBaltica project developer and coordinator Joint venture RB Rail AS will visit Västerås to present the progress of the project and engage in dialogue with Swedish companies active in the railway sector which could be interested to become suppliers, partners and even clients in the future.
08:30 Opening remarks by Anna Wallén, Manager of Järnvägsklustret, Anne Geitmann Manager of Swerig and Ansis Murnieks, Business Sweden in the Baltic states
08:40 Introduction of RailBaltica project – progress and opportunities for Swedish companies by Kaspars Briskens, Business development manager of RB Rail AS
09:00 Q&A involving RB Rail technical and innovation team in person and via Skype
09:40 Introduction by Anna Wallén to Järnvägsklustret and presentations by 3-4 Swedish companies (10-15 minutes each)
10:40 Networking and coffee
11:30 End of the seminar
The seminar will be held in English language.
For more information
Anna Wallén, Järnvägsklustret, email@example.com, 070-824 75 59
Kaveh Farebrant, Global Business Developer, Business Sweden Västerås, firstname.lastname@example.org, 073-065 26 18
Arta Munkena, Consultant Baltic states, Business Sweden, email@example.com , +371 6 782 80 46
Please confirm your participation by May 30, 2019.